We drive the Mitsubishi Plug-in Hybrid Outlander in the endurance test - and you will learn everything important!
An “ecologically correct SUV”? Can that even work? Of course, if you choose the right drive train. But how does the standard consumption come about and what does the plug-in hybrid Outlander cost after purchase?
€ 6.000 "electric Bonus”Attract the buyer and let the basic price of 39.990 € shrink massively!
But, how high are the real operating costs of the Outlander PHEV?
This can not be answered so easily, because it is always a question of their own electricity tariff. Therefore, there are only theoretical examples that can help in the calculation:
- Charges when the battery is fully charged - 13,5 kWh x 0,27 Euro / kWh = 3,62 Euro
- The first 100 km are made up of 48 km petrol engines and 52 km electric engines. The actual energy costs are therefore extremely dependent on the individual driving style. Principle: If you drive a lot of short distances and in between always hang on the power outlet, you are driving primarily electrically.
- Example for the costs at almost 50km per day, per week. Corresponds to constant electrical operation for short distances. In this case - except in frosty weather - there are basically no gasoline costs and therefore only costs for charging the battery. That amounts to around 18 euros per week depending on your own electricity costs. Anyone who owns a PV system in their own home drives for free.
- The insurance and maintenance costs are about the same as for conventional vehicles. Many insurers offer a bonus for e- and plug-in hybrid vehicles.
- 40 euros tax is due per year, an extremely low value!
When should the Outlander be maintained?
The same rules apply here as for conventional Outlanders and similar vehicles. A visit to the workshop is necessary either every 20.000 km or every 12 months. However, the plug-in hybrid Outlander does not have a classic alternator or starter. There is no need for expensive repairs. And the number of V-ribbed belts is also lower. The gasoline engine itself is geared towards the special requirement as a power generator.
Are there subsidies from the state?
In addition to the now active funding for electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles, there are other funding opportunities. If the Outlander is used as a company car, the entrepreneur can deduct about 450 Euro per kWh of battery capacity from the tax. This possibility exists up to 10.000 Euro. In addition, there are different support programs in the federal states that help to save money.
More information about this promotion is available at:
More answers about Mitsubishi's Plug-In Hybrid Outlander:
- Two electric motors and a gasoline engine? Why?
- The Mitsubishi Outlander plug-in hybrid in a crash test
- 10 questions about the battery of the Mitsubishi Outlanders
How is the standard consumption combined?
The law of the "New European Driving Cycle NEDC" specifies the conditions of the speed, the energy and fuel consumption as well as the CO2 emission. The Kraftfahrt-Bundesamt KBA takes over the measurements in Germany and assesses them.
Furthermore, the ECE standard R 101 applies to hybrid vehicles, which is measured using a mathematical formula. For example, the battery charge levels are measured empty and full, as well as the range. If a standard consumption of 5,8 l / 100 km is measured with an empty battery, this results in a value of 1,9 l / 100 km with a full battery.