Advantages & disadvantages - conclusion:
Page 2 for the driving report of the Audi RS6 Avant: [at the beginning]
Birthday party under full load
The RS6 Avant can do two things that few otherwise can. He beams you on the highway in speed areas that have experienced only the crew of the Starship Enterprise during his own children's birthdays and he caresses you with a serenity through performance that leads to completely relaxed trips on the long haul.
I am not even surprised by the absurd performance of this two-tonne truck on the country road, the maneuverability of overtaking this possibility in places where you don't even look for the possibility with other cars - no, it's this mechanical and haptic perfection with the this phenomenal performance is convincing in everyday life. And if you take it slow - if you want to relax and enjoy the perfection of the workmanship in the interior and therefore let the distance wheel and cruise control work for you, you will achieve fabulous consumption values. Easy cruising over the track - the two-ton, 560 hp athlete in his Alibi Audi A6 Avant suit also manages to drop the consumption display to single-digit values.
Among other things responsible for this: The cylinder deactivation. Under load, the 8 pots of the RS6 provide the power to shake earthquake researchers' seismographs, but those who pick up just a small chunk of the 700 Nm torque pie make the V8 a V4 and save fuel.
If I hadn't experienced it myself - I would raise my eyebrows as skeptically at this statement as at Aunt Martha's birthday presents.
Prices and equipment
A children's birthday goes into the money. The older the children, the more. At least that's what I would say in retrospect when I think of my wishes like that. The Audi RS6 is not a gift for people who are not already out of the woods. If the related and yet so distant base A6 Avant with the 180 hp base gasoline engine can still be taken from the courtyard of the friendly Audi dealer for a reasonable € 39.550, the RS6 demands a completely different dimension.
107.900 € are theoretically on the price tag. But the list of options contains far too many temptations and who already deals with the RS6, who will not order the bookkeeper version. The test car I drive comes, thanks to Dynamics Package Plus (including the suspension of the 250 he limit to 305 km / h !!), the black Alcantara sky, the Bose sound system and the complete driver assistance package, at over 128.000 €.
That's where the fun ends - or is it just starting?
- Pressure in all circumstances
- Phenomenal feel in the interior
- Abnormal price
- With appropriate attitude, properly thirsty!
I would have liked that from the Audi RS6 Avant:
- Even more pressure? It sounds ungrateful, but after two weeks you got used to 560 PS and the next time I do not want to let the Porsche Turbo convertible driver pull away.
Comfort: 36 of 45 points
- Space feeling riders: 8 of 10 points
- Sitting position driver: 5 of 5 points
- Air conditioning: 5 out of 5 points
- Trunk u. payload: 6 out of 10 points
- Driving noise inside: 5 of 5 points
- Assistance systems: 7 out of 10 points
driving pleasure: 35 out of 40 points
- Highway: 8 out of 10 points
- Car Tracks: 9 out of 10 points
- City: 4 out of 5 points
- overtaking: 4 of 5 points
- Acceleration: 5 of 5 points
- V / max: 5 out of 5 points
Cost: 14 of 30 points
- Purchase: 5 of 10 points
- Options list: 4 of 5 points
- Insurance: 1 of 5 points
- Warranty period: 1 out of 5 points
- Depreciation: 3 out of 5 points
Power Type: 35 of 40 points
- Engine: 9 out of 10 points
- Transmission: 9 of 10 points
- brakes: 8 out of 10 points
- Sound inside: 5 of 5 points
- Steering feel: 4 of 5 points
Environment: 18 of 30 points
- Test-Consumption: 6 of 10 points
- CO² according to standard: 4 out of 10 points
- Exterior noise: 8 out of 10 points
Quality: 15 of 15 points
- Gap outside: 5 of 5 points
- haptics: 5 of 5 points
- noise: 5 of 5 points
- Total score: 153 / 200 points
- Driving Report: Audi A6 Allroad 313 PS
Children's birthday for men
The Audi RS6 Avant belongs to the class of automobiles that makes men happy boys. It seems as if the 565 liter trunk is filled to the brim with happiness hormones. The time you have with the car as a car tester needs to be used just as skilfully as the few birthday hours in the year - because the moment comes when the RS6 Avant is picked up and everyday life returns and feels like a car blogger like the evening of your own children's birthday when you become aware - now it takes another 365 days until the next birthday.
Link to the manufacturer's website
___________________________________Many thanks to the car manufacturer for providing the test vehicle! This vehicle test was carried out with the support of the manufacturer. Incidental costs for the transport and the transfer of the vehicle shall be borne by the manufacturer. The article was nevertheless created without being influenced by the manufacturer. The opinion presented here corresponds to my own opinion and was not controlled by the car manufacturer. If you think I'm too stupid to formulate my own opinion on this car, please read another blog. (: Thank you.
by-nc-nd - Text: Bjoern Habegger - Photos: manufacturer