That was already in the 15th century From Roode Leeuw a well known hostel. The first deed of ownership dates from 1454. The building originally stood on the Dam on the spot where Madame Tussauds and Peek & Cloppenburg can be found today. The building was demolished in 1838 and integrated into the associated Café De Roode Leeuw in 1911.
At that time only equipped with 35 rooms, the four-star hotel in the listed building today offers 79 comfortable rooms with modern facilities. They are elegantly furnished and have numerous modern amenities such as free high-speed Internet access.
The connection of the hotel also benefits every sightseeing. It is located right in the historical center of the Dutch capital, in the middle of the financial, business and shopping district.
The à la carte restaurant “De Roode-Leeuw” offers wonderful regional specialties and, in addition to an always cheerful receptionist, many pictures of the royal family and lots of historical facts. From there, most of the sights are only a stone's throw away and if you always pass interesting smelling coffee shops, the Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw offers a wonderfully luxurious ambience for affordable coins.