It was really cold in Detroit this year, but that didn't stop me from attending the absolutely brilliant Detroit Auto Show. The fair presented me with its new products over two days - I've put together the top 6 and the flop 4 for you!
Tops & Flops from NAIAS 2015
Thumbs up or thumbs down? That was the question about the Detroit novelties. In the gallery you can find out which innovations have earned the “thump up” and which vehicles had to be counted among the flops!
The tops at a glance:
- Volvo S60 Cross Country | The way to the next dirt road ride has never been so beautiful!
- Cadillac CTS-V | The alternative to Mercedes E63 AMG and BMW M5. The US boy with more than 620 HP and sharp optics!
- Camaro Z28 | A real muscle car. To ensure that he is not only fast straight ahead, the Americans have 305s all around him Pirelli- sport socks slipped on!
- Ford Mustang Shelby | A spoiler can be so beautiful. What Ford put on Shelby's sexy buttocks goes straight through as a work of art!
- Ford GT Concept | This super sports car stole the show from everyone else at NAIAS 2015. Do we see him in Le Mans in 2016? Hope is justified!
- HONDA NSX | After years of concept vehicles at all trade fairs, the time has finally come. Honda renews the sports car icon. Get started with four motors!
The flops at a glance:
- Jaguar XE | The attack on the C-Class and three-seater BMW ends with the funky operation of the rear seat mechanism. Anyone who brings something like this into series production simply does not deserve success!
- Toyota Tundra | Japanese pick-ups are successful in the United States, despite the usual hard plastic orgy in the interior. A visit to Toyota made me shudder by the level of workmanship. Or are the cars successful because you can apparently clean the interior with the Kärcher steam cleaner?
- Volkswagen Cross Coupe GTE | Show cars and announcements. This is not enough for success in the market. VW lacks presence in key segments in the United States. The Cross Coupe GTE must therefore be ready for series production quickly.
- Audi Q7 | Design boredom. What was once a head start through technology. The new Q7 is a rolling chrome grille with emotionless SUV packaging.